Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern


Sh*t My Dad Says
by Justin Halpern
$15.99
Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: It Books (May 4, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0061992704
ISBN-13: 978-0061992704

Annotation/Flashtalk:
Crass at times, humorous always; Halpern recounts some of his dad’s most…well…let’s just say his dad’s advice, for example:

On My Interest in Skydiving
“You won’t go do that, I know it…Son, I used to wipe your ass, I know you better than you know you…Fine, Mom used to wipe it, but I was usually nearby.”


Summary:
What started as a bored and back-living-at-home, 28-year-old Justin’s posting on Twitter for the folly of his friends, turned into mega-following in less than a month.

Halpern has turned some of his funniest, if not fondest, childhood memories about some of life’s most unexpected lessons he learned though the expletive-laden wisdom of his father, into a hilarious set of short-stories punctuated by more of his father’s brutally honest wit.

The book has spawned a TV series of the same name, written by Halpern.

Genre/Subgenre: Humor/Non-Fiction

Evaluation: 3-stars

No comments:

Post a Comment